Saturday, July 19, 2008

Memorial Service Today for My Aunt Amelia


I am unable to attend my aunts memorial service in Ohio today. My mom's sister Amelia passed away last week. She was 88 years old. I know my mom is feeling the loss of one of the closest ties we have on this earth....our siblings. You share the precious memories of growing up years, your parents, your hometown, your schools, & your own personal sense of humor. My mom had 8 siblings, 4 boys and 4 girls...born to an immigrant Greek named Alexander Angelopoulis who raised them in the beautiful city of Indianapolis. Their mother Ada was a gorgeous lady with french blood in her...her maiden name was Reno taken from Renault. The combination of Alex and Ada produced some of the most beautiful people I know. And, their general demeanor was a smile and a trait that we in the family call..."Smiling Eyes"...they were ready to tell a funny story and have a big laugh at any time of the day. :-) My aunts and uncles have been a bright spot in my life. A source of much joy. We mourn the passing of our aunt. May she rest in peace.
**I've always thought this picture of Uncle Bill & Aunt Amelia hunting together was so cute!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have this picture below on my kitchen window ledge where I wash dishes.... of my Aunts(Mary, Amelia & Helen) in the backyard of Aunt Amelia's 1700's historical home in Ohio..with her 3 matching spaniels...their heads thrown back laughing...a familiar sight to me growing up. It makes me smile. Sometimes I get a little nostalgia missing those years feeling the closeness of all the family.

No comments: