Friday, October 10, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas!

I have a few minutes to blow before I run to the airport and pick up my hubby & friends returning from Atlanta-Catalyst conference. They come in at 10:30pm.

My sister Alexa built a vacation home in Gatlinburg. The last several years all of my sisters and families have met in Gatlinburg...the others renting houses nearby and have up to 60 family members there. They even have their own services and baby dedications for the new babies in our family for that year. I haven't been able to go for the past few years. California seems so far from middle America. This year I'm going home and home is where ever my family is. They make it home for me. We're flying to knoxville and driving to Gatlinburg and staying at my sister Alexa's house. I'm looking forward to it.

Usually we're right here in California for the holidays. I spend Thanksgiving with my mom or she comes here since we're the closest in miles together. About an hour apart. Mom and I talked and decided we're not cooking this year for Thanksgiving. She's taking us to a lovely restaurant overlooking the city. They have a fabulous meal of all you could imagine. So, we can go to her house afterward and take our naps and have no dishes. Sounds good to me!!!

No comments: