Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sitting on a Bumble Bee

**We are teaching a series on forgiveness in our midweek services. I'm studying right now for my lesson tonight....(can you tell)...lol Took my hubby to the airport early with some of his preacher friends on their way to a Pastors conference.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unforgiveness means we desire to hurt the people who have wounded us. It's like the little boy who was sitting on a park bench in obvious agony. A man walking by asked him what was wrong. The boy answered, "I'm sitting on a bumble bee." "Then why don't you get up?" the man asked. The boy replied, "Because I figure that I am hurting him more than he is hurting me!" The healing process begins when we get up off the park bench. God will only heal our wounds when we stop inflicting pain on the one who hurt us. (Kent Crockett, The 911 Handbook, Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 2003, 43)

No comments: