Saturday, November 15, 2008

California Fires

Tonight we returned home from a wonderful district meeting in San Diego and discovered the SoCal fires were very close to home. Several freeways were closed down. So far our STWC members and friends are safe. Several have been evacuated or went to stay with people at a safe distance. But, it is very scarey to be this close. I couldn't go to sleep thinking what if it got to my door and I wouldn't realize the danger. I'm home alone....everyone is gone--so, I took my dog so she wouldn't be afraid....I drove just a few miles from the house and could see the mountains on fire in Yorba Linda/Brea. It's really hard to feel relaxed and calm....I feel like I need to be in contact with our members and checking to be sure everyone is okay. My son is at a retreat in the moutains...I pray for his safety. My other son is spending the night with friends. So, I'm here thinking....what in the world would I grab-if they knock on my door to evacuate....I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe my laptop and purse would be a place to start????? It's too morbid a thought. We will continue to pray for God's intervention.

No comments: