Saturday, May 1, 2010

Aunt Theodora





My Aunt Theodora was special to me. She was my mom's oldest sister. They came from a family of eight. 4 boys and 4 girls. She was always very close to my mom-so we spent a lot of time together. She is now 93 years old and living in a nursing home. She doesn't remember me anymore. I remember her and all she stood for. She had class and dignity. She loved pretty things. She kept her home lovely and changed things around to keep it fresh. She loved to cook delicious food for her family & guests. She loved her chocolate cake with fudge icing. She dressed up and wore gloves daily. As you see her in the picture below in her later years is how she lived her life day to day. She wasn't above raking her leaves in a nice outfit and gloves. She always wanted to look her best. She was a beautiful girl-from a beautiful Greek family and she never lost her style and classic fashionable taste. She was an example in prayer and her Christian lifestyle. When I needed prayer--she's the one I would call. She lived about 30 minutes away in my growing up years and I so enjoyed the Monday nights we would go to her and Uncle Victors house for family time. There was always laughter. A bird that could talk. (uncle victors bird). Good stories told. Good food prepared. Hot coffee in china cups. Smiling faces of family happy to see each other. Home movies were pulled out. Her grandchildren would be there and I had fun playing with them while the adults talked. I was blessed to be mentored by beautiful-loving Aunts, Sisters and a devoted Mom....No Wonder I love being a Mom...they were my heros. I was mothered by the best. Do something special for those mother figures in your life this week!!!!

No comments: