Sunday, April 27, 2008

I've Just Started Blogging!

Greetings everyone, I'm always curiously exploring the world. And, decided today I would attempt to start a blog. I've been on several of the social networks to keep up with my children and sisters and friends....now, I'm adding yet another cyber social connection to my busy world. :-) Today is Sunday (The Lord's Day)! (ps it always cracks me up when the preachers wife calls her husband~Brother or Pastor...here goes....) Pastor Copple preached an awesome message today~"Taking up our cross and following Jesus" ...He had a large wooden cross to carry as an example of things in our lives that we carry...ie sicknesses, family situations, untimely deaths, divorce, financial loss, hurts, disappointments..etc... things that we have been thru and feel wounded by or ashamed of. But, if we take it up and follow Christ, not walk away from him....we grow when we allow those things to bring us closer to God and learn our lesson from those tests..... and to draw closer and continue to follow him with our cross teaching us humility and grace and mercy and compassion for others. God will use our experiences to reach others. Not for our cross to block us from God or those around us or for our sorrows to become our permanent identity or become "STUCK" in that season of life. Well, you just should have been there...it was good. We had a lovely Mexican Dinner served by our Youth Group....also a fund raiser by our Youth Group. Next week is our Groundzero Services....in Pentecostal lingo...a Holy Ghost Revival with Bro. McKemy. Well, This is the first day of my blogging....I will return soon.

No comments: