Saturday, August 9, 2008

My oldest leaves for college


Well, I'm facing a new era in my life....a milestone....my oldest child is going away to school. I have been too busy to think about it much. I did have a little cry while running an errand to get the kids contacts restocked....there was a sentimental song on the country station about kids growing up...and I started to feel nostalia and sad.:-) Glad I didn't let myself go too much or I'd still be crying. haha I don't want to think on it too much. We have cell phones, txt and internet...we didn't have that when I left home. So, she'll be a heartbeat away. I know I'll miss her. She's been such a joy...from day one. God gave me a jewel when he sent her to us. She's a doll! The boys are having a reaction. They're gonna miss their big sis. She's been very good to them. She's very nurturing....like a 2nd mother. :-)

1 comment:

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

There's nothing quite like that first one (or third one...LOL) leaving home for the first time. I remember when Ron and Eldredge drove out the driveway going to IBC. That was my baby and the tears did flow. It's hard to believe you have a child going to college. Ronna's oldest is 22. God bless.