Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Michigan With the Sisters

I just returned from a week in Michigan with my mom and 4 big sisters. We filled each moment with lots of family time....talking, eating, shopping, & visiting with friends and family. We start each morning with coffee and breakfast. Everyone meets at moms. I had to force myself to get up as I was still on California time...yet, I didn't want to miss the conversation over coffee. lol My nieces and nephews enjoy listening to the 5 girls tell stories and banter back and forth. We have a comedy hour when we talk...lots of laughter...lots of spontanious one liners...we generally solve all the problems of the world and each other's lives. haha It's nice to celebrate the family...we had a college graduation party for my nephew, went to a bridal shower for my cousin, loved on the newborn baby of my niece, attended a district ladies luncheon where mom and my sister spoke on legacy. Got to visit my aunt in the nursing home. It's nice to have family and roots. That's what my aunt kept repeating. She said, "Isn't it great to have a large family?" And she would tell the nurses..."arent' my family members beautiful?" haha We're not partial. Even tho' she can't remember our names....she knows we are family and that stays with you forever.

2 comments:

Debbie Saiz said...

I know you all had a great time!! I know it was a riot. . . I have been with you all when you are together. . .a lot of fun!! Nothing like hanging out with all the Starr Girl's in the hotel lobby at General conference!! A very happening place!!!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I was excited to find your blog through Debbie's. I know yall had a great time together. It would have been fun to be a little mouse in the corner and share some of that laughter!