Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Daniel Fast Tips

I have several people telling me they are having headaches from caffeine withdrawals. It is okay to take 2 Tylenol or whatever tablets you prefer to help you through the beginning detox. It will get better. Soon you will be feeling great.

I went to Trader Joes today and stocked up on Soy and Tofu "Meat". The kids are loving it. Jeriah says he wants to eat this the rest of his life. HA There are hot dogs, lunch meat, hamburger patties, nuggets all in either tofu or soy. Jeriah enjoyed the soy nuggets with spicy mustard as a dip. So many of the children and teens in the church are wanting to be on this fast and mine have insisted...(I thought it would be too hard for them or for me to please them)....It is becoming a family fast and one that we will remember for a long time. This is a healthy way to live and reminds us daily that we are putting God before our favorite restaurant or social dinners. We are setting this time aside for Him.

I still recommend you do the Green Smoothie in the morning to get your veggies and important nutrients....It's great if you need something fast and nutritious. My kids are loving a fruit smoothie....you can use soy milk....it feels like an ice cream treat. I make it with lots of ice and give them a spoon to eat it with. It is very satisfying.

Be sure to get at least 8 -10 glasses of water in. Keep a water bottle with you to be sure you do not become dehydrated.

2 comments:

~ Jonathan D. Hodges ~ said...

This is really good advice for the fast, thank you for posting it.

Our church just started the Daniel fast, but it was difficult for me to keep it while on a cruise to Mexico.
:)

God bless

Σαρα~Sara said...

I imagine that would be hard. Cruises are known for the excellent food they serve and in abundance. I find it's easiest if you stay close to home. :-)